Japanese knotweed is a plant that has the potential to destroy properties and make them uninhabitable.
Knowing whether to entertain the thought of buying a house with Japanese knotweed on it or not is a big concern for potential home buyers. As it carries the gravitas of legal and financial implications.
This blog post will explore whether or not it’s worth purchasing a house with Japanese knotweed, as well as look at some of the steps you can take if it is found on your property.
Be aware of the danger associated with this weed
The knotweed plant itself can be difficult to deal with, as it grows in an intricate and unique pattern that makes eradicating it extremely difficult.
Additionally, there are many laws in place for the protection of this plant’s life and although they have been created in order to protect the Knotweeds themselves, the laws have had little effect on the criminal gangs that grow and sell them.
This has left many homeowners feeling insecure when they find out that they could have unknowingly bought a problem property. This is why the use of specialized companies who specialize in the removal of Knotweeds is recommended whenever you are faced with this situation.
One of the main issues that homeowners are facing due to the growing problem of Knotweeds is the amount of money that they have to pay in order to have it removed from their garden or property.
These growing plants are resistant to most types of chemicals, as well as most methods of treatment. Many people who have dealt with Knotweed find that it takes them years to successfully remove it from their garden or property.
This is why it is vital that you do your homework and research when it comes to finding the right company that can provide the expertise you need to deal with this issue.
Identifying the problem
If you want to take care of your garden and lawn without any difficulties, you should definitely think about removing Japanese knotweed in the right way. When dealing with this type of invasive plant, you need to make sure that you hire experts in order to get rid of it effectively.
There are many reasons why this specific type of weed is so hard to deal with and if you do not do your research, you may find that you are unable to remove it at all. This is why it is vital that you learn as much as you can when it comes to removing Japanese knotweed.
The best thing about Knotweeds is that they love moist conditions. It is the perfect environment for them to grow; which is why it is vital that you make sure that the soil you are working with is moist and has plenty of nutrients in it.
When you have high-quality soil, it will be easier for you to be able to make sure that your plants stay healthy. In addition, the nutrients found in the soil will make it easier for you to create effective soils that are ideal for growing.
What you can do when buying a house with Japanese knotweed
In many parts of the world, Knotweeds are considered to be an illegal weeds. However, if you take a look at the problem of Knotweed, it becomes obvious that it is far from illegal. With this particular type of weed, many homeowners have had to spend a lot of money on removing it has become one of the biggest nightmares for homeowners.
Fortunately, there are quite a few things that you can do to prevent having to deal with Knotweed. These include using preventative measures, proper maintenance of the lawn and garden space, and if you are prepared, the use of professional services.
Preventative measures are extremely important when it comes to trying to avoid dealing with knotweed. The first thing that you should do is to make sure that you mow your lawn as often as possible. You should also be sure that you take out weeds whenever you mow your lawn.
If you have a garden, you can use a weed killer to get rid of any weeds that might be growing on your lawn. If you are growing anything else outside, you should consider removing it completely to avoid the risk of encountering knotweed.
Another step that you can take is to keep your garden as clean as possible. This is best done by removing any excess mulch or leaves from your garden and setting them on the ground around your property.
You should also make sure that you don’t allow any plants or bushes to grow through the soil. Using a rototiller or digging up the soil is a good way to do this.
Make sure that you remove all weeds from your property before you do any of these steps so that you won’t accidentally remove knotweed.
Finally, you should consider the possibility that knotweed could be growing in your future home. It is not illegal to sell a house with Japanese knotweed, however, you still need to consider removing it if it poses a danger to your health or the safety of others.
Taking action early, either as the buyer or seller is essential to prevent possible legal action or damage to the property.
Acting swiftly and calling in professionals to help you decide on the best course of action will save you time and trouble later on.
Want to know more about buying a house with Japanese Knotweed?
Knotweed Removal aims to provide the most up-to-date information, help and advice for YOU to make informed decisions. If you are unsure or uncertain about how to proceed, please reach out to us and we will gladly come back and advise you as best we can.
The best means to contact us is via our email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not forget we have a library of blogs covering many areas relevant to Japanese Knotweed, our free downloadable How-to Guides and Product Reviews on the latest methods being employed to eradicate or remove Japanese Knotweed.
Knotweed Removal, UK
- CONCENTRATED FORMULA: Rootblast weed killer is a powerful solution that comes in a concentrated form, making it highly effective at killing weeds down to the roots.
- SUPER STRENGTH GLYPHOSATE: With a high concentration of glyphosate, Rootblast provides effective control over a wide range of weeds, including tough-to-kill perennial weeds.
- KILLS WEEDS AT THE ROOT: Unlike other weed killers that only target the leaves of weeds, Rootblast penetrates deep into the soil to kill weeds at the root, preventing them from growing back.
- EASY TO USE: Simply dilute Rootblast with water according to the instructions and apply to the affected areas with a sprayer for quick and easy application.
- LARGE COVERAGE AREA: One 1L bottle of Rootblast can cover up to 1,666 square meters of land, making it a cost-effective solution for large gardens and properties. Choose Rootblast for powerful weed control and a weed-free garden all year round.
- New formula
- 6 sachet pack
- Fast action ready to use weed killer that kills the weeds and roots with visible results in 1-2 days
- Kills most garden weeds with a single application; up to 10 minutes of continuous spray when using 5 L option
- Children and pets need not be excluded from treated areas (once dry)
- The Pump N Go pressure sprayer is easily refillable, a one- touch trigger prevents hand fatique and extendable lance avoids bending.
- Degraded in the soil by micro organisms
- EXTRA STRONG GLYPHOSATE WEED KILLER - Say goodbye to stubborn weeds with Rootblast Total Weedkiller. Its powerful formula, containing glyphosate, effectively eliminates unwanted vegetation.
- QUICK AND EASY APPLICATION - With Rootblast Total Weedkiller, weed control becomes hassle-free. The attachable trigger allows for effortless and precise application of this potent weed killer spray.
- COMBAT A WIDE RANGE OF WEEDS - This glyphosate weed killer spray is specially formulated to combat a variety of annual and perennial weeds, providing effective weed control.
- TREATS UP TO 140 SQUARE METERS - Enjoy great coverage with Rootblast Total Weedkiller. Each 4-liter bottle provides ample solution to effectively treat up to 140 square meters of land.
- SUITABLE FOR VARIOUS SURFACES - Rootblast Total Weedkiller is a versatile solution that can be used on driveways, lawns, gardens, paths, and patios, ensuring effective weed control.
- FOR HOME USE - Can be used in your garden without the need of a spraying certificate, contains the same amount of glyphosate as professional grade weedkillers.
- STRONG WEEDKILLER - Effectively controls annual and deep-rooted perennial weeds, kills most weeds within a single application.
- COMPATIBLE WITH PERSONAL SPRAYERS - Perfect for use with a knapsack sprayer, simply dilute 30ml of weedkiller per litre of water
- USE RESPONSIBLY - Do not spray in rainy or windy conditions, do not walk on treated area until dry.